We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating the information on this page and advising the date. You should therefore check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes that may have occurred.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including Email address, Organisation Name, Contact Telephone Number
- Demographic information such as Organisation, Postal Address and Postcode
What we do with the information we gather
- We require this information to understand your needs, allow for and provide you with communication and information, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping and communication.
- We may use the information to improve our information and communication with you.
- We may periodically send promotional and /or e-newsletter emails about surveys, consultations or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address, or another contact address, which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you direct for consultation exercises or survey purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
This complies with recent legislation requirements for websites to obtain explicit consent from users before leaving behind or reading files such as cookies on a user’s computer / device.
Cookies are small files saved to the users computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Young Lancashire occasionally posts useful links or interesting information from other sources or external websites and also updates or reproduces topical information and advice, but does not in any way promote, endorse or accept responsibility for the content or use of such external websites or any information or advice that may howsoever be obtained, viewed or acted upon.
This website operates an email newsletter program. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user for example by becoming a Member.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation.
Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity.This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form or supply details on the website this information will not be passed to any third parties or used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information to communicate with you please note that you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or by send an email or by using our .
- We may use your personal information to send you topical information or news which we think you may find interesting unless you tell us that you do not wish this to happen.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.